Reservation system in India are the governmental policies regarding minorities in society or positive segregation, it alludes to an approach or program, or giving certain priorities to underprivileged groups over the others.
The approach of reservations is being utilized as a system to conquer segregation and go about as a compensatory work out. A substantial segment of the general public was truly denied right to property, training, business and social equality as a result of the act of untouchability.
It is an affirmative action because it reduces tha gap between upper caste and lower castes. In India, the caste system and the arrangements of reservation strategy go as an inseparable unit. Indian social framework is a caste based hierarchical framework. The lower position individuals were constantly abused by the general population from high castes and they needed to endure the negative marks of financial underdevelopment.
According to the Census 2011, nearly 79 per cent of Adivasi households and 73 per cent of Dalits households were the most deprived among rural households in India.
Although situation in urban areas is far better than rural areas the overall ratio is still not upto the mark. According to 2011 census OBC forms 41% of india population whereas SC CASTE is 16.6% and ST IS 8.6% . THUS OVERALL 66% citizens of india comes under reservation quota remaining 34% comes under unreserved category.
I have a lot of respect to unreserved category candidates as they put a hell lot of efforts and they secure top ranks in almost every exam. Hence the cutoff is generally high in general category as compared to other categories. Even OBC Category is giving tough fight to general candidates. SC and ST Candidates lag behind as very few people score in top 200 ranks.
Quite happy with the decision to include EWS 10% reservation quota as there are also poor people in unreserved categories though not much as compared to backward communities.
If the reservation quota is removed I will not be surprised that 75-80% seats will be filled by general category candidates. Even if one child from poor family uplifts himself he can motivate and inspire a lot of people as well as the future generations. It is rightly said even if one family member gets educated the whole family is inspired and the future generations are secured. The well educated parents can enlighten his/her children and give proper guidance.
We all should spread kindness and respect each and every section of the society.
Conclusion: We should give helping hand to the society to contribute in some way or the other. Even if the amount is less dont be shy to help and do kind work.